Thursday, April 28, 2011

EASTER!

We did go to the Grand Canyon and my post on the Canyon & AZ experience will follow at a later date.  I need to get some photos first before I blog about the adventure.  

Our latest trip was back to the mid-West for Easter.  Original plan was to fly into St. Louis on Saturday, rent a car, and drive to Decatur to spend Saturday and Sunday with Gerry's brother & wife, Allan & Kathy.  But....a tornado hit the St. Louis Airport Friday evening and so we had to come up with an alternate plan - which worked out fine.  We flew into Chicago, then caught a 2nd flight into Champaign-Urbana, which was fairly convenient to Kathy & Allan's.  

Great time with Allan & Kathy on Saturday !    We really enjoy their company.  They have a beautiful house and it was wonderful to visit with them, as well as their children - Sam & wife  Lindsey, and Danielle.

Easter Sunday was Extra Special as it was also Gerry's mother's 84th Birthday!  Gerry's mother, Ann Hans, is my idol. She is the nicest person you could ever hope to meet.  Never does she complain nor say a bad word about anybody.  I hope I can become like her, but doubt it is possible.  I'll try....
Mom Hans at 84!
I think there were 23 of us celebrating Easter and the Birthday.  Great meal with delicious pork, ham, potato casserole, sweet potatoes, orzo salad, spinach salad, etc etc.   I am fortunate to be part of this wonderful family.  
Here's the family shot of  - Allan, Dave, Jane, MOM,  Phil, Ginny, Gerry
(Don, unfortunately, was unable to attend.)

My message is to make the most of the Holidays -  Enjoy the time together with loved ones.  It is precious.  Since we don't know what the future will bring, savor the present.  Time together IS a present!

2 comments:

  1. You are exactly like Ann Hans -- the nicest person I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corinne - you are too kind! Grazie.

    ReplyDelete