Monday, August 29, 2011

MOVING! A PITA EXPERIENCE



Bye Bye House - It was nice knowing you. R.I.P.
 Moving !!!  Now I know why I haven't done this in 25 years.  It really is a Pain in the Arse (a PITA experience!)  That being said, we are happily ensconced in our town house, located a mere 1 1/4 miles from the demolition  /  construction site of our former  / remodeled home.   We signed a year lease for the town house.  I DO like having so much within walking distance - several restaurants, a grocery store, a used book & record store; and did my mention I can walk to "my house" in less than 20 minutes to check up (or scare myself even more) with the progress of the remodel??   All in all, it IS exciting.  I even have an air-conditioned office in the  town house from which I can post Mary's Musings and More in cool comfort.   

3 comments:

  1. Now it becomes more obvious why you had to move everything out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing/sad how quickly the place you lived in and were sheltered by for so long just ... comes down. Demolition is frighteningly FAST! Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the demolition process went very (scarily) quickly. Now the rebuilding will begin. My fingers (and toes) are crossed. We are fortunate to have a talented, visionary architect who designed the house with much indoor / outdoor appeal. It's exciting, though a bit frightening at this stage in the game.

    ReplyDelete