Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Easing into my new lifestyle

As many of you know, Gerry & I spent a great deal of time and effort in 2010 trying to sell our business, RaceReady .  http://www.raceready.com/  Mission was accomplished on Dec 31st...talk about taking it down to the wire!    I have mixed emotions, for it will be a definite adjustment.  

We started RaceReady from scratch in 1992.  Sometimes I think of it as my "18 year old baby has finally grown up and flown the coop."  These first few weeks of retirement we are spending much time trying to organize our home "office" and sorting out paperwork.  We haven't battted an eye at most of this stuff in a dozen years!   Yes, we did indeed let our home office deteriorate while we focused on growing RaceReady for 18 years.  

During the final 3 years of RaceReady I did blogging via my "Ask Mary" blog.  I would answer training questions, review some of my personal running experiences and adventures and offer advice and opinions primarily on running related topics.    My hopes are to continue to express my sentiments in  this blog so friends and family who are interested can be aware of what's going on with me, hence the birth of Mary's Musings and more! 

Now, back downstairs for further clean-up.  18 years ago, we started RaceReady from our home with rolls of supplex material in our 2nd bathroom's bathtub.  (Bathtubs actually do provide an adequate storing facility for rolls of fabric, by the way..)  Now we have our printer hooked up temporarily in said bathroom.   It looks like we've come full circle!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for passing along this info re: your blog.
    I expect to read great things... and congrats on sending your "child" on the next phase of her/his journey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kathryn. Your EAST COAST KATY Blogspot was my Inspiration. You write well and your topics are both interesting & relevant. This ie experimental at this point, but what the heck, I'm retired! (Book recommendation: The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson.)

    ReplyDelete