Friday, February 25, 2011

GET OUT THE VOTE!

Tuesday, March 8th, ELECTION DAY is rapidly approaching!    I know it is an "off year" and not a "major election" to some people.   I believe politics start locally and then move onto a broader scale.   It is important to believe in your local council members, and support the candidates who are intelligent, honest and hard-working.  

Many of our "off year" elections are decided with a very small minority of the voting public casting their ballot.   This is truly a sad state of affairs, which can easily be remedied.  Anyone who has been paying attention to the global news can appreciate how fortunate we are to live in a democratic society.    However, the democratic policy will only exist and thrive if people participate!   

Despite the name of  my blog, Mary's Musings and More, this is no time for MUSING, but a time for ACTION.

I encourage everyone to get out and vote!   Do your homework -- find the candidate who best represents your values and who  will work hard to get things done!  I've done my homework in my home district, County District 4 of Los Angeles, and will be casting my ballot for Stephen Box.    http://stephenbox.com/index.html


We've thus far gone to two of the Candidate Debates.  Stephen Box seems to be the most intelligent, responsible, earnest candidate by far of the three and I truly hope he gets elected as Council Member for CD4.  As a long-time resident of Los Angeles, I am very tired of "the old boys club" which currently runs City Hall.   Fresh blood and honest down-to-earth candidates are what we need.  I believe Stephen Box will work for the citizens of Los Angeles and will make his actions transparent, thus encouraging the public process.  The public process and transparency  seem to have gone by the wayside in recent years.  
Please Vote and encourage others to Vote;  democracy only works if we participate in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment