Monday, March 18, 2013

Getty Villa with my parents

It is always nice to have family & friends visit.  An extra bonus is that I find I finally get around to see some of the sites I've taken for granted for too long.  For example, when I lived in the Philadelphia area, I didn't go and see the Liberty Bell until I was just about to leave old Philly for good.

My parents, who live in Ft. Collins, came to visit for a few days last week.  We spent most of Weds at the Getty Villa, located in Pacific Palisades, about an hour drive from home.  I haven't been there in over a decade, so I was way overdue.   Visiting the Getty Villa is FREE, though you do have to pay $15 to park your vehicle.  Quite the bargain for a fantastic day.  
Magnificent Garden & Pool
We took advantage of several tours, including an excellent Garden Tour and an Architecture Tour. 

The Garden Tour

A close up of the beautiful peach tree (the Garden Tour) 
 The interior of the Getty Villa was impressive as well.  These two pictures below were taken on the Architecture Tour.  Many galleries and much to see.  It definitely is worth a repeat visit, and perhaps I won't even wait until I have out of town guests visiting us to return to the Getty Villa!

A temporary display of the hunter and the hunted. 
Beautiful Marble - on the walls and on the floor!  Exquisite!

So what better way to finish the day at the Getty Villa than to go to the Observatory in our beloved Griffith Park.  Magnificent views!  We Love L.A.!  We love show casing our fabulous city to our family and friends. 


My dad & mom at the Observatory.   I'm so glad they came to visit us!
 Happy Spring  !  Enjoy the beauty and wonder of where ever you are.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary Sounds like a fun day. I have to go there. Haven't seen it yet.
    MJ

    ReplyDelete